With the longer and warmer days come eggs! Lots of eggs. Which is lovely since often in the middle of the winter we have some serious egg rationing in force. I HATE to have to buy eggs. However, it seems like when the girls get started we have the opposite problem and we have to find new ways to enjoy those beautiful balls of goodness!
I saw this recipe on another blog that I follow, Fresh Eggs Daily. I decided to give it a whirl this morning but, I think it would be great any time of the day.
Savory Parmesan French Toast
- Bacon slices
- Sliced whole wheat bread
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Milk or cream
- Chopped fresh spinach
- Reduced balsamic
- Smoked paprika, Salt, and Pepper
- Chopped chives
These amounts will depend on how many you are preparing.
You will need to have all ingredients ready and your oven set on warm to keep each item warm until the next one is ready.
- Begin by cooking the bacon. Remove it from the pan and place in the warm oven.
- Saute’ the chopped spinach in bacon grease. Place in oven.
- While spinach is cooking, mix enough milk,eggs,Parmesan, salt, and pepper to drench bread pieces.
- In the same frying pan cook each piece of bread until browned. Place in warm oven.
- Add some olive oil to your pan if needed to cook the eggs. Fry the eggs over-easy.
- Assemble French toast in this order: Spinach, toast, bacon, egg, drizzle of balsamic, smoked paprika, and chives! Enjoy
This adorable little egg stamp was a birthday gift from my friend Lynn. Isn’t it cute? Chloe at Boxwood Ave. has designed several wonderful stamps for Heryford Homestead. You should check out her website. Happy Spring from me and my “chicks”!!